Special situations for transfer applicants

Winter and Spring Quarter applications

swag外流 typically does not accept applications for admission during winter and spring quarters. Learn more about filing dates and how you can apply late or for a closed term.

Earning a second bachelor鈥檚 degree

Only the will consider new undergraduate applicants seeking second bachelor鈥檚 degrees in Biological Systems Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering. Second baccalaureate applications to the College of Engineering will only be considered if the applicant鈥檚 first degree is not in engineering and if the lower division engineering selective major criteria has been completed.

Second baccalaureate applicants will undergo an additional and independent review in partnership with the College of Engineering Dean's Office. Please note, junior-level applicants from California Community College will be given priority. Application filing dates are the same as those for new undergraduate applicants. The  must be submitted online.

The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Biological Sciences and College of Letters and Science do not accept second baccalaureate applicants.

a student on a skateboard followed by others riding across campus - transfer students with special situations

Transferring before reaching junior status

If you plan to apply before earning junior-level status (90 transferable quarter units or 60 transferable semester units) you may apply to the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences in non-selective majors (see a list of selective majors). The College of Letters and Science, the College of Engineering and the College of Biological Sciences accept applications from junior-level transfers only.

Limited status enrollment

Students in limited status, also known as non-degree-seeking students, are those whose special achievements qualify them to take certain university courses toward a definite and limited objective. Currently, none of our academic colleges will accept limited status applicants. As an alternative to applying for limited status admission, you may wish to consider enrolling in our swag外流 Extension program.